The best of Formentera
Formentera, with its hippie spirit is an idyllic place, perfect to get lost, stay in a small cabin or charming hotel, rent a scooter and feel FREE.
When I am going to Ibiza I always try to escape a couple of days to Formentera. Formentera is an Island where to experience love, dream and disconnect from reality. Personally I adore the love stories of the Juan and Andrea restaurant on the ses Illetes beach or the essence of the island which is transmitted through the movie “Lucia y el Sexo”.
Formentera, with its hippie spirit, has something special, an idyllic place, perfect to get lost in for a couple of days, stay in a small cabin or charming hotel, rent a scooter and feel FREE.
From my short stay this weekend I want to show you some photos from the hotel Gecko on Migjorn beach, the lighthouse of la Mola, the restaurant Can Toni whose owner is the model Eugenia Silva and the crystal clear waters of Cala de Es Caló. People from all around the world come to this island to dive in to its incredible and addictive atmosphere that makes you feel like in paradise.
The best of Formentera:
– Rent a scooter: Much easier to move around, to get parking on the beaches and avoid the trafic. Do not rent in the port, much more expensive.
– Get ready to see a lot of italians everywhere.
– Dont miss out any sunset and try the
– Ses illetes: I recommend to do not stay in the first beach, the best thing is to walk a little and arrive to abeach which can be completely isolated. Lovely sunsets from there!
– Caló des Mort: One of the best beaches to get lost…. The access to the beach is not easy but worthy at the end. The beach is very small so its better to go early to find a nice spot. There you will also find some local hippies living in the rocks.
– Es Caló: Fisherman beach. perfect beach to go with children. there you can also do the popular clay baths.
– Mitjorn: Espectacular! Long beach, easy to find a good place to stay and feel quite alone.
– Cala Saona: Small bay, the boats coming from ibiza arrive there.
– Ses Salines: beautidul but very turistic with a lot of and expensive beach restaurants.
– Cal Rafalet (Es Caló): one of the best terraces in Formentera. Don miss out the sunsets with a freshy cocktail. Very good for a paella or rices. Necessary to book in advance.
– Restaurant Can Carles: Italian food, cool people, nice atmosphere…
– Restaurant Caminito: delicious Argentinean food.
– Restaurant Can Dani (Carretera la Mola Km. 8.5): Asian fusion food. Incredible service, nice experience in the island.
– Restaurant Can Toni: Eugenia´s Silva model restaurant. Local food, tapas, tasty small portions… Spanish people around…
– Restaurant El Mirador (La Mola): the best views from the both sides of the island.
– Fonda Pepe (Sant Ferran): Bohemian restaurant, local people…
– Pizza Al Tagglio (San Francesc). Pizza slice for 2 euros. Super good!
– Flipper&Chiller: Very good setting, chic, cool, lovely sunsets, stunning cocktails, … You can also can eat there.
– Gecko (Migjorn Beach). Luxury hotel and beach club.
– Blue Bar: Drinks and clubbing, on the beach. Markets La Mola: The best hippie market in formentera. Open all the wednesdays and sundays. Perfect to go after a good day on the beach, listen live music and eat some chocolate crepes.
Markets and Boutiques
– Es Pujol: Everyday on the evenings small stands in the main stroll.
– Puerto: Vintage clothing and jewelry.
– Mar & Mar Formentera https://www.facebook.com/worldfamilyibiza/photos_stream?tab=photos_stream
– Vintage. (Es Pujols).
– Catalina House (Sant Ferran). Decoration
– Faro de la Mola: If you go to the Mola´s market is recommendable to go and see the lighthouse, stunning views! A very romantic and relax place.
– Cap de Barbaria. Absolutely recommendable to go and see the sunset and enjoy the views.
– Hotel Gecko – http://www.geckobeachclub.com/
-Las Banderas: the beachside retreat of boho-inclined celebrities including Kate Moss and Jade Jagger https://www.facebook.com/formenteralasbanderas
– Casa Dorita: Nice for those who want to stay in the middle of nowwhere, switch off the phones and live surrounded by nature. Small huts without electricity but absolutely charming, yoga, organic food etc. http://www.viajerosinhuella.com/mas-alla/formentera/ Phone: Tel. (+34) 618412280
– Es Ram resort http://www.esramresort.com/
– Tustic house Can Blaiet https://casaruralcanblaiet.wordpress.com/
– Es pinar apartments http://www.canmartiformentera.com/
– Es Pas Formentera- Agroturism http://www.formenteraagriturismo.com/
Thanks with Love,
Now Playing: Tonight Summercat