One day tour around Stockholm
In this article you are going to see my suggestions for what to do in Stockholm in one day; my fav places, restaurants, areas, sightseeing, etc. Here we go!
Today I will talk about the city of Stockholm in a special and more personal way. I love to have people come to visit me and staying at my place, to show them the city and share my favorite places with them. For this reason, I created my own tour guide with recommendations of neighborhoods, sightseeing, shops, restaurants, markets and galleries to visit. In this article you are going to see my suggestions for what to do in Stockholm in one day. Here we go!
Leaving my house in Odengatan we head to Stureplan, strolling down Birger Jarlsgatan. This is one of the most popular streets in Stockholm where you can find many fashion and designer boutiques as well as hotels and trendy bars. Stureplan is located in Östermalm, the most exclusive area of the city. The beautiful architecture of the buildings around Stureplan, its’ wide variety of restaurants and shops with a Scandinavian touch are some of the main reasons which make it one of the preferred districts of the city. One of my obligatory stops to experience local food and traditional Swedish cuisine is Östermalms Saluhall – market (Monday-thursday 09.30 – 18.00 Friday 09.30 – 19.00 Saturday 09.30 – 16.00). There you can be delighted by some of the iconic Swedish dishes like lingonberry jam, smoked salmon, pickled herring, mashed potatoes and open seafood sandwiches.
Nice restaurants & bars around Östermalm area:
– Nybrogatan, 38 -Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or drinks- http://www.nybrogatan38.com/
– Miss Voon – Asian food – http://missvoon.se/en/
– Taberna Brillo – http://tavernabrillo.se/sv/
– Riche – http://riche.se/sv-se/start/
– Humlan restaurant – DJ music, cocktails and summer dishes.www.rhumlan.se/
– Esperanto www.esperantorestaurant.se
Leaving the market in the direction of the National Theatre on Nybrogatan,you will find one of the best views of the city and the Baltic Sea .From there, we have the choice on how to get to the beautiful island of Djurgården or go to Gamla Stan crossing the area called Arsenalgatan. In Djurgården, we find the Vasa Museum , Skansen , the Nordic Museum, Gröna Lund amusement park and a huge green park with magnificent views. Today I will take you in the second direction, towards the old town, known as Gamla Stan . I truly love walking its cobbled medieval streets, stopping at the royal palace and seeing the changing of the guard, observing its architecture and picturesque scenery, walking through the tiny passage in Mårten Trotzig ‘s Alley and having a caffe latte in Chokladkoppen located in the famous square of Stortorget .
Around Gamla Stan:
– Restaurant: Den Gyldene www.gyldenefreden.se
– Visit the house of Nobility: Commissioned in the 17th century by the Swedish nobility, to whom it still belongs, The House of Nobility remains one of the most exquisite works of architecture in northern Europe. www.riddarhuset.se
– Have a drink at Wirstromspub www.wirstromspub.se